Saturday, September 28, 2013

Star Over

So, when we first moved here I was 8 years old. Getting ready to start 3rd grade.
I had been to around 8 schools in the previous year, this was supposed to be our settle down place. i was excited.
Mom had told us we were moving to get away from it all and to start over.
I was as excited as an 8 year old could be.
We packed up our lives into a couple trucks with my uncle coming along too. He and my Mom were always close, but we hadn't really spent a lot of time with him.

I remember when we got here, we found a small trailer park.  Nothing much about it, I remember living there for a little while. a few months maybe. I can recall sister and I catching the school bus from the back of the park, we played on the trees. I know there were these neighbor boys that lived a few streets over that we would play with in the lot next door.  We had a tree fort type thing set up and we would jump out of it onto a mattress on the ground.

I do have a few good memories :)

Then we moved to the north end as it is known.............

My Mom had 'met' a guy at the bar one night and he said he managed a trailer park so, of course she jumped at the chance to move with him.............
I will forever remember that first day looking at that trailer and thinking oh this will be great :(

For the next 4 or 5 years we lived in the park, my Mom "fell in love' with said guy.  Cycled right back to where we were in the last town.
Bars every night, being home alone 90% of the time. My life as I knew it.

So that is what I consider one of the absolute worst times in my life is meeting that evil piece of shit that my Mom 'loved'
ruined my life

No comments:

Post a Comment