Sunday, January 12, 2014

mature

I remember 9 years old starting my monthly cycles.
I freaked out.
Had no idea what was happening, no idea this was a normal thing.
I truly thought I was dying.  Why else would blood be coming out of me 'there'

Sister was there, mom was at work.  Sister hadn't even started her period and she was 11.  But, she had had health classes so knew what was happening.
Scared is the only way I can describe my feelings.

Since I started so young I figured my daughter would.  So, I have discussed it with her many times.  She started 'developing' last year some time so was expecting it soon.

Well, yesterday it came.  I was at work, she was home with her Dad.  My smart mature girl, changed and found a pad and handled herself so well.

So proud that she was able to calmly take care of it as we talked about.

Now, I did have to explain to her the sticky side.  She put the pad in without removing the back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment